Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Embryo Adoption


I've been reading a lot about Embryo Adoption in the last couple of days and it is all very interesting. Compared to Domestic & International Adoption there isn't a lot of information about the subject. It is still a fairly new concept. I remember the first time I learned about it. I thought snowflake babies sounded really special. I've always known though that I would not be a good candidate for it. It's more for couples who just have problems getting pregnant, not really for a woman who can't stay pregnant. But, I've read in a few places that Seragent Embryo Adoption has been done. It seems to be extremely uncommon - but still it has me wondering. Why couldn't I adopt some snowflakes and have them melt into babies inside someone else?
You may be asking, "Are you switching directions mid-stream here?!" Not exactly. But, I am sort of looking at the other possible options. I so want to be a mommy, and make my hubby a daddy. After two years of waiting on DIA - it seems that maybe we should at least look.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I think embryo adoption is a great idea and it sounds less complicated than DIA. If we ever go the route of adoption it will definietly be embryo. I don't see anything wrong with having someone else carry your snowflakes. I say you should so some serious praying on this subject, maybe it is a new direction for you.

Ashley said...

That may be a good option!

Bethanie said...

thanks for the comments ladies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails